Replacement & Retrofit for freshwater generators
Besides ensuring reliable production of fresh water, keeping up-to-date with the latest freshwater generator technology creates opportunities for energy savings and greater operating economy. Alfa Laval knowledge and experience can help you identify the optimal equipment to match your specific needs.
What we do
Trained Alfa Laval specialists advise you about new equipment that can modernize your production of fresh water, so that you can lower production costs, reduce maintenance needs, improve capacity and secure the uptime of your installation. We can also make sure that your crew has the best service tools available for their use.
You get the best guidance about which upgrades are available, as well as advice about when to consider upgrading. An Alfa Laval Performance Audit as you prepare for your next dry docking is an excellent opportunity to review and discuss alternatives for replacements and retrofits.
Download service leaflet
How can we help you?
Please contact us for questions and service requests.
For marine emergency service, please call +46 4636 7700.
- Improve performance
- Reduce the cost of operation, maintenance and repair
- Reduce power consumption
- Increase the quality of produced fresh water
- Avoid bunker water that is costly or has insufficient quality
Scope of service
Alfa Laval offers a range of freshwater generators that can be tailored to the type, age and operating pattern of your vessel. We can provide replacements for all types of thermally driven freshwater generators, both shell-and-tube and plate-based models. In addition, we can supply a wide range of pre- and post-treatment equipment, such as UV sterilizers and re-hardening filters.
Your Alfa Laval sales office can provide a complete list of products available for replacement and retrofit. Our experts take a step-by-step approach to finding the correct unit for your needs:
- Cubic metres of fresh water needed per day
Scope of delivery
- Control panel, pump, motors, relevant options
Usage of fresh water
- Inc. UV sterilizer, mineral filter
Available (waste) heat
- Jacket water flow and temperature at average engine load
- Steam for boosting temperature in our hot water loop
Engine room layout
- Placement of the freshwater generator related to allowable pressures
- When, where, how
Other 360° Service Portfolio services for your equipment
- Cleaning Services for freshwater generators
- Commissioning for freshwater generators
- Commissioning Supervision for freshwater generators
- Condition Audit for freshwater generators
- Exchange for freshwater generator plate packs
- Performance Audit for freshwater generators
- Preventive Maintenance for freshwater generators
- Reconditioning for freshwater generators
- Redesign for freshwater generators
- Repair for freshwater generators
- Service Kits for freshwater generators
- Service Tools for freshwater generators
- Spare Parts for freshwater generators
- Training for freshwater generators
- Troubleshooting for freshwater generators