Revos concentration system
Alfa Laval Revos ™ concentration system uses high-pressure, low-temperature reverse-osmosis technology to remove water from beer, wine and cider after fermentation to produce a quality concentrate with up to 22% alcohol by volume (ABV). When rehydrated it has the same taste, aroma and alcohol content as the original product. It also removes alcohol and water, producing non-alcoholic beer concentrates and a clean ethanol-water by-product for use as a base for hard seltzer and other beverages.
Compact, economical and energy-efficient beer and beverage concentration system
- Up to 65% lower transport costs due to reduced concentrate shipping volumes for rehydration at bulk packaging facilities or at points of sale
- Save valuable floor space at the point of sale, such as bars and restaurants, by rehydrating concentrate only at the time of serving
- Preserve the flavour profile, aroma and alcohol content of the original beer or beverage due to low-temperature, patented two-pass processing
- Highly versatile system for beer and beverage concentration with options for dealcoholization, dearomatization and production of neutral malt bases
Increase beer and beverage stability while reducing distribution and shipping costs with the Alfa Laval Revos concentration system.
The Revos concentration module is a two-pass high-pressure, low temperature reverse osmosis system, capable of concentrating alcoholic beverages, including beer, wine and cider. The product is chilled, and, in the first pass, pumped across proprietary spiral-wound membranes. At high pressure, water permeates through the membranes, concentrating the product while retaining up 22% alcohol by volume. Proteins, sugars, aromas are retained in the beer and beverage concentrate due to the tight pore structure of the membranes. The second pass allows for the recovery and retention of alcohol and aromas that escaped during the first pass of concentration.
Food system services
Alfa Laval Food system services help extend the performance of your food systems by maximizing the performance of your processes. This enables you to:
- Continually improve your operations to maintain competitive advantage
- Focus on uptime, optimization and availability
- Maximize return on investment throughout the life cycle of your food systems