Industrial air heaters HKP in a wide variety of sizes, capacities and material alternatives. HKP air heaters are suitable for heating of workshops, factory spaces, industrial warehouses, parking garages, sports halls and corresponding spaces. The smallest unit (HKP-35- 4D-P) with 1-phase motor and foothold, is specifically designed for air heating of laundry drying rooms. Heat transfer medium is water.
- Heat transfer section is made of an efficient finned coil with copper tubes and aluminium fins. Water flow direction is marked on tube connections. Air heater is provided with venting- and draining screws. Max. operating temperature is 110 °C and pressure 6 bar.
On request the standard Cu/Al coil block can be supplied with acid-proof steel tubes and aluminium fins for demanding industrial use. Also available for steam.
- Casing is made of grey coloured, PVC-coated, hot dip galvanized steel. Special constructed, adjustable air deflectors are made of hot dip galvanized steel. Also mounting bracket (AK) is made of hot dip galvanized steel plate. Tube connections for HKP are made from the side of the device and electric connections directly to motor from outside.
- Three fan sizes, -35, -45 and -56 with four (4 ) different fan speeds 700, 900, 1150 and 1400 rpm to achieve suitable heating capacity, air flow and sound levels. Air heaters are equipped with axial fan unit, protection class IP44. Lower speed in the 3- phase, two-speed motors is obtained by changing the delta connection into star connection.
HKP-35-4D-P-air heater is provided with automatic internal thermal protection. HKP-35-4D/4Y-model is without thermal protection. All other models have prewired thermal protections.
Motors 400/50/3 with star (Y)- or delta (D) connection are delivered with delta (D) connection, and the rotation speed is 900 or 1400 rpm. The lower fan speed can be achieved by using star (Y) connection.
- Low sound level is achieved by using fan unit (incl. fan motor, fan blade and fan guard).
- Air heaters are equipped with adjustable air deflectors for horizontal or vertical air flow.
For a full overview of all available options and additional technical specifications please refer to the product leaflet.
- Liquid: water
- Capacities: up to 76 kW
Alfa Laval air heater products can be selected using the selection tables in the product leaflet (see Documents tab).
Additional product information
Find everything you need for your HVAC application in Alfa Laval's HVAC handbook.
How it works
Alfa Laval finned coil air heat exchangers have been designed to achieve an optimized exchange of thermal energy between air and a refrigerant or fluid. The ‘heart’ of our air heat exchangers is the finned coil, built up from a circuit of interconnected tube serpentines and fins to increase the heat exchanging surface. Thanks to the combination of key design variables (coil materials, coil geometry, casing design, fan type), air units are very versatile heat exchangers with a great variety of applications in many industries. Alfa Laval supplies finned coil air heat exchanger products for a wide variety of applications.
Alfa Laval supplies air heat exchangers designed for air heating. For this application a hot liquid (usually water) is pumped through the tubes, heating up the coil and hence the air that flows through the coil. These air heaters are used for space heating in workshops, sports halls etc. or as hot air door curtains in for instance shop entrances.