Fincoil air conditioning coils are cooling coils for ventilation and airconditioning plants. The internal heat transfer medium used in coil type J is water. In coil type JG, the medium is glycol or other solutions suitable for copper tubing. Type Jx is condenser and evaporator coils for halocarbon refrigerants. Special coils are also available for OEM-applications.
- F5 Coil
- Tube pitch 35x30.31 mm staggered
- Cu tubes 13.3 mm OD, aluminium fins
- Fin spacing 2, 2.3, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 mm (12 mm fin spacing available for limited no. of coil sizes)
- Frame material: aluminium or galvanized steel
- Special coils F5-E (copper or epoxy coated fins, stainless steel frame, custom frame dimensions)
- F2 Coil
- Tube pitch 28.87x25 mm staggered
- Cu tubes 10 mm OD, aluminium fins
- Fin spacing 2, 2.5, 3, 4 and 5 mm
- Frame material: aluminium
- Special coils F2-E (frame material galvanized or stainless steel, custom frame dimensions)
- For all F coil types the tubes are attached to the fins by mechanical expansion and fin collars extend over the entire tubing surface (excl. 12 mm fin spacing). The staggered tube arrangement in combination with corrugated fins give the coil an excellent heat transfer efficiency.
G ¼” plugs are provided for draining and venting on types L, LG, J and JG. If required, an G ¼” socket is also provided for an anti-freezing thermostat.
A separate drip tray with a pipe connection is provided for each coil of type J, JG or Jx for the removal of the water condensing on the coil surfaces. The tube connections on the coils (as seen in air flow direction) are either on the right- or left-hand side. Unless otherwise specified, the coil is arranged in accordance with the counter-flow principle.
For a full overview of all available options and additional technical specifications please refer to the product leaflet.
- Refrigerants: all H(C)FC and brine
- Capacities: on request
This product will be configured on order to meet all customer and application requirements. Please contact Alfa Laval for support.
Cold Room Calculator
Mobile app for iOS & Android to calculate the expected heat load for your cold room.
Cold Room Calculator
How it works
Alfa Laval finned coil air heat exchangers have been designed to achieve an optimized exchange of thermal energy between air and a refrigerant or fluid. The ‘heart’ of our air heat exchangers is the finned coil, built up from a circuit of interconnected tube serpentines and fins to increase the heat exchanging surface. Thanks to the combination of key design variables (coil materials, coil geometry, casing design, fan type), air units are very versatile heat exchangers with a great variety of applications in many industries. Alfa Laval supplies finned coil air heat exchanger products for a wide variety of applications.
Air coolers & air-cooled condensers
Air coolers and air-cooled condensers are key components in air cooling and airconditioning systems. On the refrigerant side the most common media are a brine or an evaporating refrigerant like H(C)FC, ammonia or CO2. A chilled brine may be supplied from a chiller that is potentially located far away, but a liquified refrigerant must come from a nearby condensing unit. When an evaporating refrigerant is used, the cooling coil is the evaporator in the vapour-compression refrigeration cycle (‘direct expansion’ or ‘DX’ system).