Arctigo IST tunnel coolers have been specifically designed for cooling and freezing tunnels. Applications include shock cooling and shock freezing installations. Arctigo IST coolers reduce the weight (moisture) loss to a minimum and secure product quality during the cooling/freezing process.
- Finned coil
- 3 coil block modules
- 3, 4, 6, 8 or 10 tube rows deep
- Tubing ø 5/8”Cu ripple fin or smooth stainless steel.
- Tube pitch 50 mm square.
- Corrugated Alu-fins
- Fin spacings 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 and 12 mm.
- 2x1 to 2x6 Fans, ø 630 & 710 mm, blowing or drawing through the coil. 2-Speed AC/EC fan motors 400/50-60/3 two noise levels (Δ/Y). Dynamically and statically balanced external rotors, manufactured in accordance with VDE 0530/12.84 IP54 class F. Integrated thermo contacts (Clickson) provide reliable protection against thermal overload.
- Standard fitted with heavy duty mounting feet (MF)
- Corrosion resistant materials: coil frame and casing pre-galvanized sheet steel, epoxy coated RAL 9002. All fixing materials stainless steel.
- Hinged side panels and driptray, drain(s) 1½" BSP ext.
- Double refrigerant connections (2 x inlet, 2 x outlet), positioned right or left (L=default).
- Suitable for dry expansion or pumped system.
For a full overview of all available options and additional technical specifications please refer to the product leaflet.
- Evaporating temperatures: +5 to -40°C
- Refrigerants: Ammonia (R-717), all H(C)FC, CO2
- Capacities: (SC2) 12 up to 300 kW
- Air volume: 10,000 up to 150,000 m3/h
- External static pressure: up to 150 Pa
This product will be configured on order to meet all customer and application requirements. Please contact Alfa Laval for support.
Cold Room Calculator
Mobile app for iOS & Android to calculate the expected heat load for your cold room.
Cold Room Calculator
How it works
Alfa Laval finned coil air heat exchangers have been designed to achieve an optimized exchange of thermal energy between air and a refrigerant or fluid. The ‘heart’ of our air heat exchangers is the finned coil, built up from a circuit of interconnected tube serpentines and fins to increase the heat exchanging surface. Thanks to the combination of key design variables (coil materials, coil geometry, casing design, fan type), air units are very versatile heat exchangers with a great variety of applications in many industries. Alfa Laval supplies finned coil air heat exchanger products for a wide variety of applications.
Air coolers & air-cooled condensers
Air coolers and air-cooled condensers are key components in air cooling and airconditioning systems. On the refrigerant side the most common media are a brine or an evaporating refrigerant like H(C)FC, ammonia or CO2. A chilled brine may be supplied from a chiller that is potentially located far away, but a liquified refrigerant must come from a nearby condensing unit. When an evaporating refrigerant is used, the cooling coil is the evaporator in the vapour-compression refrigeration cycle (‘direct expansion’ or ‘DX’ system).