Alfa Laval Arctigo IS is a wide and flexible range of single discharge industrial air coolers for cooling and freezing applications in medium to large cold rooms. This air cooler line is designed to keep fresh and frozen goods refrigerated from +10 to -40 °C, with either high or low humidity content. The Arctigo range offers a wide variety of cooler configurations and a long list of options, always allowing to select the best model to suit all applications in industrial cooling installations.
- 7 coil block modules
- 3, 4, 6, 8 or 10 tube rows deep
- Tubing ø 5/8”Cu ripple fin, smooth Cu tubing for brine or smooth stainless steel.
- Tube pitch 50 mm square or 48 mm triangular
- Corrugated Alu-fins
- Fin spacings 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 and 12 mm
- 1 to 8 Fans, ø 450 mm up to ø 1000 mm, drawing or blowing trough the coil. 2-Speed fan motors 400/50-60/3 or 230/50-60/1 (ø 450 only), two noise levels (Δ/Y). AC/EC Fan motors with dynamically and statically balanced external rotors, manufactured in accordance with VDE 0530/12.84 IP54 class F. Integrated thermo contacts (Clickson) provide reliable protection against thermal overload.
- Corrosion resistant materials: coil frame and casing pre-galvanized sheet steel, epoxy coated RAL 9002. Hinged side panels and driptray, drain(s) 45° aluminium 1½" BSP ext.
- Refrigerant connections right or left (L=default).
Sufficient room for fitting the expansion valve inside.Suitable for dry expansion or pumped system.
- Delivery in mounting position.Coolers are mounted on wooden beams. Installation can take place with use of a forklift.
For a full overview of all available options and additional technical specifications please refer to the product leaflet.
- Refrigerants: all H(C)FC, ammonia, brine, CO2
- Capacities (SC2) 3 up to 250 kW
- Air volume 3,000 up to 120,000 m3/h
How it works
Alfa Laval finned coil air heat exchangers have been designed to achieve an optimized exchange of thermal energy between air and a refrigerant or fluid. The ‘heart’ of our air heat exchangers is the finned coil, built up from a circuit of interconnected tube serpentines and fins to increase the heat exchanging surface. Thanks to the combination of key design variables (coil materials, coil geometry, casing design, fan type), air units are very versatile heat exchangers with a great variety of applications in many industries. Alfa Laval supplies finned coil air heat exchanger products for a wide variety of applications.
Air coolers & air-cooled condensers
Air coolers and air-cooled condensers are key components in air cooling and airconditioning systems. On the refrigerant side the most common media are a brine or an evaporating refrigerant like H(C)FC, ammonia or CO2. A chilled brine may be supplied from a chiller that is potentially located far away, but a liquified refrigerant must come from a nearby condensing unit. When an evaporating refrigerant is used, the cooling coil is the evaporator in the vapour-compression refrigeration cycle (‘direct expansion’ or ‘DX’ system).