Arctigo HRCD banana ripening coolers have been designed for application in airbag and side curtain system ripening rooms. The coolers have been optimised for 12.5 °C air-on and 11.5 °C air-off temperature at an evaporating temperature of 7°. Arctigo HRCD coolers provide for an even temperature distribution throughout the whole ripening room, guaranteeing that the products ripen as evenly as possible.
- Cu ripple fin tubing ø 5/8” (smooth tubing for brine)
- Tube pitch 50 x 50 mm square
- Corrugated Alu-fins
- 3-5 Fans 400/50/3, Ø 508 and 550 mm. Cables are led to the outside of the casing. Enclosed design spray-tight fan motors, protection class IP55. Motors are equipped with a thermal safety device in the windings, connected to separate terminals in the box.
- Lighting integrated into the cooler casing.
- Heater elements
- Corrosion resistant casing material, aluminium/sendzimir, white epoxy coated (RAL 9002).
- Hinged driptrays
- Sufficient room for fitting the expansion valve inside.
- Suitable for dry expansion or pumped system.
- Delivery in mounting position. Coolers are mounted on wooden beams. Installation can take place with use of a forklift.
For a full overview of all available options and additional technical specifications please refer to the product leaflet.
- Refrigerants: all H(C)FC, brine, CO2
- Capacities (SC2) 8 up to 38 kW
- Evaporating temp. 7 °C (optimized)
- Banana rooms 6 to 30 pallets
This product will be configured on order to meet all customer and application requirements. Please contact Alfa Laval for support.
Cold Room Calculator
Mobile app for iOS & Android to calculate the expected heat load for your cold room.
Cold Room Calculator
How it works
Alfa Laval finned coil air heat exchangers have been designed to achieve an optimized exchange of thermal energy between air and a refrigerant or fluid. The ‘heart’ of our air heat exchangers is the finned coil, built up from a circuit of interconnected tube serpentines and fins to increase the heat exchanging surface. Thanks to the combination of key design variables (coil materials, coil geometry, casing design, fan type), air units are very versatile heat exchangers with a great variety of applications in many industries. Alfa Laval supplies finned coil air heat exchanger products for a wide variety of applications.
Air coolers & air-cooled condensers
Air coolers and air-cooled condensers are key components in air cooling and airconditioning systems. On the refrigerant side the most common media are a brine or an evaporating refrigerant like H(C)FC, ammonia or CO2. A chilled brine may be supplied from a chiller that is potentially located far away, but a liquified refrigerant must come from a nearby condensing unit. When an evaporating refrigerant is used, the cooling coil is the evaporator in the vapour-compression refrigeration cycle (‘direct expansion’ or ‘DX’ system).