Gas combustion unit
Alfa Laval’s gas combustion technology provides DFDE or LSD engines with a compact gas combustion unit (GCU) that has lower installation costs and operating expenditures than comparable units.
Proven and with a simple design, the Alfa Laval GCU is a compact system that safely disposes of excess boil-off gas
- Simple and compact design without any moving parts inside the combustion chamber
- Combined combustion and dilution fans that do not require silencers or duct pipes
- All metallic combustion chamber with no refractory lining
- Electric ignites instead of an oil pilot and associated equipment
- Induct burner type that offers a robust and extremely reliable design
Alfa Laval is dedicated to LNG transport; therefore we have added yet another security-enhancing solution for LNG carriers. The Alfa Laval GCU joins the inert gas generators, burners, boilers, heat exchangers and more in our already extensive LNG portfolio.
The Alfa Laval Gas Combustion Unit (GCU) conveniently handles boil-off on vessels with dual-fuel or low-speed diesel engines. With a uniquely compact design and low maintenance operation, it combines easy integration with true reliability.
The most important feature for your LNG business is that Alfa Laval GCU has lower installation costs and operating expenditures than comparable units and comes with our worldwide network of service and support.