Alfa Laval MX mixers are specially designed to meet the specific mixing requirements of the fats and oils industry. MX mixers are ideal for important process stages such as degumming, acid conditioning and neutralization.
- Suitable for use in a wide variety of mixing activities, including operating under more delicate mixing conditions
- Mixing can be done as flexibly as possible, and is easy to optimize.
- Added advantage of preventing emulsions from forming.
How it works
The unique twin-inlet, double-chamber MicroMerge™ design improves both operating efficiency and economics. MicroMerge makes it possible to combine high-intensity dispersion (in the upper chamber) with a preset contact time (in the lower chamber).
With two separate inlets – one at the top and one at the bottom – it is possible to feed oil directly into the dispersion section, and then gradually into the mixing section, as required.
The majority of the dispersion takes place in the top part of the mixer. Dispersion requires power and the greater the diameter of the vessel the more power is required. An upper part with a smaller diameter is therefore advantageous. In the bottom part of the mixer, highly turbulent, low-shear mixing is used to bring the dispersed chemicals into contact with all the oil being treated, in a volume large enough to provide sufficient contact time.
Food system services
Alfa Laval Food system services help extend the performance of your food systems by maximizing the performance of your processes. This enables you to:
- Continually improve your operations to maintain competitive advantage
- Focus on uptime, optimization and availability
- Maximize return on investment throughout the life cycle of your food systems