Alfa Laval provides a range of standardized heat treatment equipment to eliminate or reduce the number of live micro-organisms in a product thereby improving microbiological stability and increasing shelf life. The various process design configurations of the heat treatment equipment mean that the pre-engineered plate heat exchanger-based pasteurizing modules can be easily customized to different requirements and plugged into a system for quick operational start up.
Our thermal equipment meets your treatment needs
- Proven bacteria elimination process to extend shelf life
- Energy efficient and high-quality plate heat exchangers at heart of process
- Stable and reliable operation that ensures gentle and consistent product treatment
- Low hold-up volume in plate heat exchangers ensures minimum product loss
- Sanitary and compact designs with low maintenance requirements
The self-contained heat treatment equipment is pre-assembled and factory tested before delivery. The thermal equipment is designed for CIP and, in compliance with food industry regulations, all components in contact with process liquids are made of stainless steel with heat resistant seals. The range includes thermal equipment modules for high-viscous products as well as specially designed ones to thermally deactivate spent brewer’s yeast.
Our range for your applications:
Read more about the efficiency, benefits, practicality and technical details of Alfa Laval’s range of heat treatment equipment:
For pasteurization/sterilization of products containing large particles: Ohmic
For aseptic heat treatment of a wide range of food products: SteriTherm
Beverage & Brewery
For thermally deactivating spent brewer’s yeast: Thermolyser
For bacteriological treatment of deaerated water: Aldox Core SPD