Alfa Laval Service Agreement instantly increased productivity
By signing a Service Agreement with Alfa Laval, a Brazilian sugar and ethanol plant eliminated unplanned downtime and saved around 100,000 Euros in nine months.DATE 2020-11-02
Service Agreement tailored by Alfa Laval
Without the necessary expertise, early warnings and minor problems were left to reach a crisis point before being addressed which translated into huge costs and inefficiencies. For a fixed fee, a four-year Service Agreement was tailored-made by Alfa Laval, providing Preventive Maintenance, emergency engineers and a solid partnership for the future, including:
- A team of dedicated service engineers, who know the company, the factory footprint and the equipment inside-out
- Preventive Maintenance to ensure machinery is running at optimum performance levels
- Condition Audit to help determine when equipment needs service or replacement
- Best practice for maintenance established and full training for the staff
- 40 emergency hours available every calendar year
The result: eliminated unplanned downtime and reduced energy consumption
- Saved a total of around 100,000 Euros in the first season.
- Gave the sugar and ethanol company its first ever downtime-free season.
- Brought significant savings by eliminating unplanned stoppages and saving on maintenance costs.
- Increased efficiency, reducing energy consumption.
- Released finances to upgrade three machines from FESX 512 to FESX 712 capacity.
- Manageable fixed costs instead of emergency-driven price negotiations.
Download the full story
Smoothly-running equipment has increased the efficiency of the factory and saved energy consumption, while eliminating unscheduled stoppages has drastically increased profitability, making workforces standing idle a thing of the past”
THE PRODUCTION MANAGER AT THE PLANT