Inert gas production
Your tank holds your source of income – and a potential source of danger. Alfa Laval Smit systems for inert gas production ensure a stable, safe tank environment. Our inert gas generator systems play a crucial role in safe and reliable marine operations for the past 50 years. We produce inert gas for volatile cargo through a number of methods adapted to the combustion safety requirements of different vessels.
Ensure safety with inert gas solutions
- Over 50 years of experience with marine inert gas production systems
- Unique ultramizing system atomizes fuel oil for soot-free inert gas, even at partial loads
- Inert gas generator continuously secures the right fuel-to-air ratio, whatever the required capacity
- Highest material and component quality
- In-house and onsite operator training
- Nearly all our inert gas systems feature the unique Ultramizing system which atomizes fuel oil for soot-free inert gas, even at partial loads
- The Smit LNG system for LNG carriers is the flagship of our Inert Gas Systems portfolio, which safely and reliably handles boil-off on vessels with dual-fuel or low-speed diesel engines.
A Smit inert gas system for your vessel type
Mitigate the risks associated with flammable cargo with Alfa Laval Smit solutions. They use a range of methods to produce inert gas and inject it into the tank, adapting to the combustion safety requirements of each vessel. This protects your cargo, crew, vessel – and lessens impact on the environment.
Securing safety and efficiency
Alfa Laval inert gas solutions for product tankers
Developed to make a difference
Alfa Laval Smit LNG/LPG inert gas systems
Providing cost-effective reliability
Alfa Laval inert gas solutions for crude oil tankers
Safety on tankers
Explaining the Alfa Laval Smit inert gas system.