The Alfa Laval Alfa-V ANV series is a wide range of heavy duty V-type ammonia condensers for air conditioning and refrigeration applications. Alfa-V air-cooled condensers provide high capacities at a modest footprint.
- An innovative coil design provides excellent heat transfer at minimal refrigerant charge. Depending on the application, condensers are fitted with smooth stainless steel tubing. Standard fin spacing 2.1 mm, available with two Alu-fin types:
- Turbo fins for maximized capacity
- Industrial fins for long lasting performance
- Separate connections provide the opportunity for independent operation of both condenser coils.
- Frame construction provides high rigidity for protection against vibration and thermal expansion. Casing, supports and frame made of corrosion resistant galvanized steel (class C4-H).
- Separated fan sections and removable fan rings.
- ErP compliant fan AC & EC motors, available in three fan diameters (800, 910 & 1000 mm) and five noise levels. Motors with external rotor, protection class IP 54 according to DIN 40050.
AC power supplies 400/50/3, 400/60/3 and 460/60/3 with integrated thermo contacts to provide reliable protection against thermal overload. EC power supply 380-480/50-60/3.
For a full overview of all available options and additional technical specifications please refer to the product leaflet.
- Refrigerants: ammonia
- Capacities: 97 up to 1890 kW
(Tair = 25°C, Tcond = 40°C, Tsubcool < 3K, Tsuperheating = 25K)
Additional product information
Find everything you need for your HVAC application in Alfa Laval's HVAC handbook.
How it works
Alfa Laval finned coil air heat exchangers have been designed to achieve an optimized exchange of thermal energy between air and a refrigerant or fluid. The ‘heart’ of our air heat exchangers is the finned coil, built up from a circuit of interconnected tube serpentines and fins to increase the heat exchanging surface. Thanks to the combination of key design variables (coil materials, coil geometry, casing design, fan type), air units are very versatile heat exchangers with a great variety of applications in many industries. Alfa Laval supplies finned coil air heat exchanger products for a wide variety of applications.
Air coolers & air-cooled condensers
Air coolers and air-cooled condensers are key components in air cooling and airconditioning systems. On the refrigerant side the most common media are a brine or an evaporating refrigerant like H(C)FC, ammonia or CO2. A chilled brine may be supplied from a chiller that is potentially located far away, but a liquified refrigerant must come from a nearby condensing unit. When an evaporating refrigerant is used, the cooling coil is the evaporator in the vapour-compression refrigeration cycle (‘direct expansion’ or ‘DX’ system).