Fincoil HEV door curtains generate a downward flow of warm air for comfortable working conditions in draught-free surroundings with even temperatures, even close to door openings. HEV door curtains are designed for application in shops, factory halls and warehouses (at entry doors), door openings of loading areas and for doorways between spaces with different temperatures to reduce draught at floor level and eliminate humidity transfer.
- Frame construction is made of plastic coated, hot dip galvanized steel plate, standard colour white RR20 (RAL 5820).
- The heat transfer section is manufactured of copper tubes and aluminium fins. Water is used as heat transfer medium. The maximum working pressure of the finned coil is
- 10 bar. The scattered fin spacing of the effective finned coil prevents dust or dirt from gathering on it, and therefore a filter is not needed. The heat transfer section is equipped with drainage.
- The fans are centrifugal fans with low sound level. The 1-phase motors have inbuilt overload protection (automatic reset) and they are pre-wired to the joint junction box. Protection class is IP23.
- The air flow can be regulated by connecting the motor with the selected fan speed or by using the fan speed regulator. Fan speed control is available as an optional extra.
- Warm, effective door curtain
- Thanks to a long air throw, HEV door curtains are also applicable
for local heating of high room spaces.
- Low sound level
- Three fan speed alternatives
- Adjustable air flow direction
- Possible to install either visible or, if required, above the ceiling
- Easy to install and operate
- Minimized need of service
For a full overview of all available options and additional technical specifications please refer to the product leaflet.
- Liquid: water
- Capacities: 6.1 - 30.7 kW
(air temp. 20 °C, water 80/40 °C)
Alfa Laval air heater products can be selected using the selection tables in the product leaflet (see Documents tab).
Additional product information
Find everything you need for your HVAC application in Alfa Laval's HVAC handbook.
How it works
Alfa Laval finned coil air heat exchangers have been designed to achieve an optimized exchange of thermal energy between air and a refrigerant or fluid. The ‘heart’ of our air heat exchangers is the finned coil, built up from a circuit of interconnected tube serpentines and fins to increase the heat exchanging surface. Thanks to the combination of key design variables (coil materials, coil geometry, casing design, fan type), air units are very versatile heat exchangers with a great variety of applications in many industries. Alfa Laval supplies finned coil air heat exchanger products for a wide variety of applications.
Alfa Laval supplies air heat exchangers designed for air heating. For this application a hot liquid (usually water) is pumped through the tubes, heating up the coil and hence the air that flows through the coil. These air heaters are used for space heating in workshops, sports halls etc. or as hot air door curtains in for instance shop entrances.