Airmax II industrial air coolers have been designed for both cooling and freezing applications in medium to very large cold rooms. Airmax II offers a wide range of capacities, fan diameters up to 800 mm, several fin spacings and a long list of available options. With its flexible design and improved coil features, the industrial Airmax II range allows customers to select the best cooler model to suit all requirements in industrial cooling applications.
- Finned coil
- H(C)FC DX: inner grooved Cu tubing ø 12 mm
- H(C)FC pumped system: smooth Cu tubing ø 16 mm
- Brine: smooth Cu tubing ø 16 mm
- Triangular tube pitch
- Corrugated Alu-fins
- Fin spacings 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 & 11 mm. 12 mm fin spacing available for brine and pumped models.
- 1 to 5 Fans, ø 500 mm up to ø 800 mm, drawing trough the coil. Fan motors 400/50-60/3, two noise levels (H/L). Motors with dynamically and statically balanced external rotors, manufactured in accordance with VDE 0530/12.84. Integrated thermo contacts (Clickson) provide reliable protection against thermal overload.
- Available for dry expansion DX or pumped system.
- Corrosion resistant materials: coil frame AluZinc, casing pre-galvanized sheetsteel, powder coated RAL 9002.
- Large, deep drip tray allows fast discharge of defrost water.
- Mounting supports have two different positions (flush to ceiling or extra space) to enable installation of a water defrost cassette.
- Hinged drip tray & side plates for easy installation and maintenance.
- Delivery in mounting position. Coolers are mounted on wooden beams. Installation can take place with use of a forklift.
For a full overview of all available options and additional technical specifications please refer to the product leaflet.
A specific product leaflet is available for W3 water defrost option.
- Refrigerants all H(C)FC, brine
- Capacities (SC2) 5 up to 180 kW
- Air volume 7,300 up to 12,6100 m3/h
This product is only available on the Asian market.
How it works
Alfa Laval finned coil air heat exchangers have been designed to achieve an optimized exchange of thermal energy between air and a refrigerant or fluid. The ‘heart’ of our air heat exchangers is the finned coil, built up from a circuit of interconnected tube serpentines and fins to increase the heat exchanging surface. Thanks to the combination of key design variables (coil materials, coil geometry, casing design, fan type), air units are very versatile heat exchangers with a great variety of applications in many industries. Alfa Laval supplies finned coil air heat exchanger products for a wide variety of applications.
Air coolers & air-cooled condensers
Air coolers and air-cooled condensers are key components in air cooling and airconditioning systems. On the refrigerant side the most common media are a brine or an evaporating refrigerant like H(C)FC, ammonia or CO2. A chilled brine may be supplied from a chiller that is potentially located far away, but a liquified refrigerant must come from a nearby condensing unit. When an evaporating refrigerant is used, the cooling coil is the evaporator in the vapour-compression refrigeration cycle (‘direct expansion’ or ‘DX’ system).