Optigo CD is a commercial dual discharge air cooler for general application in small to medium-sized cooling, freezing and working rooms. Low air velocity and noise level make them especially suitable for refrigerated working & processing rooms. Dedicated ranges for H(C)FC refrigerants (CDE), brine (CDW) and CO2 (CDX). A selection of Optigo CDE air coolers is available from stock.
- Innovative coil manufactured from internally grooved Cu tubes and aluminium fins. Staggered tube pitch. Hotgas ready.
- Durable aluminium alloy casing, powder epoxy coated RAL 9002. Hinged lateral drip trays with dismountable central drain box. Fully dismountable and openable casing for cleaning purposes. Pre-cut passages for multiple choice connections. Internal air deflectors enhance coil efficiency.
- 1 to 5 fans fitted with AC or EC fan motors available in two fan speeds (noise levels). Fan diameters 300 or 400 mm blowing through the coil. Fan motors 460/60/3 available as option.
For a full overview of all available options and additional technical specifications please refer to the product leaflet.
- Evaporating temperatures: +10 to -30 °C
- Refrigerants: all H(C)FC, CO2 and brine
- Capacities (SC2): 0.8 up to 24 kW
- Air volume: 615 up to 14,160 m3/h
These air heat exchanger products can be configured and selected using the AlfaSelect Air selection tool.
Alfa Laval Anytime
Our ebusiness tool Alfa Laval Anytime offers product information, on-line product selection and a webshop function for air products and spare parts. Distributors and partners are invited to contact Alfa Laval and register as an Anytime user.
Go to Alfa Laval Anytime
Cold Room Calculator
Mobile app for iOS & Android to calculate the expected heat load for your cold room.
Cold Room Calculator
How it works
Alfa Laval finned coil air heat exchangers have been designed to achieve an optimized exchange of thermal energy between air and a refrigerant or fluid. The ‘heart’ of our air heat exchangers is the finned coil, built up from a circuit of interconnected tube serpentines and fins to increase the heat exchanging surface. Thanks to the combination of key design variables (coil materials, coil geometry, casing design, fan type), air units are very versatile heat exchangers with a great variety of applications in many industries. Alfa Laval supplies finned coil air heat exchanger products for a wide variety of applications.
Air coolers & air-cooled condensers
Air coolers and air-cooled condensers are key components in air cooling and airconditioning systems. On the refrigerant side the most common media are a brine or an evaporating refrigerant like H(C)FC, ammonia or CO2. A chilled brine may be supplied from a chiller that is potentially located far away, but a liquified refrigerant must come from a nearby condensing unit. When an evaporating refrigerant is used, the cooling coil is the evaporator in the vapour-compression refrigeration cycle (‘direct expansion’ or ‘DX’ system).