Helpman THOR-T industrial shock coolers have been specifically designed for application in cooling and freezing tunnels. The principle of shock-cooling is to quickly cool down the surface of the meat product to just below freezing point so that the surface becomes vapour-tight. This keeps the weight (moisture) loss to a minimum. All models are characterised by an elevated external pressure (120 Pa).
- 2 coil block modules
- 4, 6 or 8 tube rows deep
- Cu ripple fin tubing ø 5/8” (smooth tubing for brine)
- Tube pitch 50 x 50 mm square
- Corrugated Alu-fins
- Fin spacings 7 or 10 mm
- 2, 4, 6 or 8 Fans, blowing through the coil. Diameters Ø 508 mm or Ø 560 mm. Enclosed design spray-tight fan motors, protection class IP55. Motors are equipped with a thermal safety device in the windings, connected to separate terminals in the box.
- Fans with elevated external pressure (120 Pa).
- Corrosion resistant casing material a
luminium/sendzimir, white epoxy coated (RAL 9003).Hinged, enclosed end covers.
Hinged driptray, drain(s) 32 mm PVC connection, freelyadjustable into either horizontal or vertical position.
Refrigerant distribution optimised to refrigerant applied.
- Refrigerant connections on right hand side (fan side view).
- Fitted with schräder valve on the suction connection for testing purposes.
Sufficient room for fitting the expansion valve inside.
- Suitable for dry expansion or pumped system.
- Delivery in mounting position. Coolers are mounted on wooden beams. Installation can take place with use of a forklift.
For a full overview of all available options and additional technical specifications please refer to the product leaflet.
- Evaporating temperatures +5 to -40 °C
- Refrigerants: all H(C)FC, brine, CO2
- Capacities (SC2): 10.8 up to 128.1 kW
- Air volume: 11,800 up to 66,400 m3/h
This product is only available on the Asian market.
Spare parts available worldwide.
How it works
Alfa Laval finned coil air heat exchangers have been designed to achieve an optimized exchange of thermal energy between air and a refrigerant or fluid. The ‘heart’ of our air heat exchangers is the finned coil, built up from a circuit of interconnected tube serpentines and fins to increase the heat exchanging surface. Thanks to the combination of key design variables (coil materials, coil geometry, casing design, fan type), air units are very versatile heat exchangers with a great variety of applications in many industries. Alfa Laval supplies finned coil air heat exchanger products for a wide variety of applications.
Air coolers & air-cooled condensers
Air coolers and air-cooled condensers are key components in air cooling and airconditioning systems. On the refrigerant side the most common media are a brine or an evaporating refrigerant like H(C)FC, ammonia or CO2. A chilled brine may be supplied from a chiller that is potentially located far away, but a liquified refrigerant must come from a nearby condensing unit. When an evaporating refrigerant is used, the cooling coil is the evaporator in the vapour-compression refrigeration cycle (‘direct expansion’ or ‘DX’ system).