The Helpman THOR-D series is a wide and flexible range of heavy-duty dual discharge industrial air coolers for both cooling and freezing applications in medium to large cold rooms. Suitable for a wide range of applications with a special focus on meat storage, agricultural produce and processing rooms.
- 3 coil block modules
- 4, 6 or 8 tube rows deep
- Cu ripple fin tubing ø 5/8” (smooth tubing for brine)
- Tube pitch 50 x 50 mm square
- Corrugated Alu-fins
- Fin spacings 4 and 7 mm
- 1-5 Fans, available in a range of different executions. Diameters Ø 457, 508 and 560 mm. Cables are led to the outside of the casing. Enclosed design spray-tight fan motors, protection class IP55. Motors are equipped with a thermal safety device in the windings, connected to separate terminals in the box. All models available in both high and low fan speed execution.
-1000 rpm (= L design)
-1500 rpm (= H design)
- Corrosion resistant casing materia aluminium/sendzimir, white epoxy coated (RAL 9003). Hinged, enclosed end covers. Hinged driptray with vertical drains 1 ¼” BSP male.
- Refrigerant distribution optimised to refrigerant applied.
- Fitted with schräder valve on the suction connection for testing purposes.
- Sufficient room for fitting the expansion valve inside.
- Suitable for dry expansion or pumped system.
- Delivery in mounting position. Coolers are mounted on wooden beams. Installation can take place with use of a forklift.
For a full overview of all available options and additional technical specifications please refer to the product leaflet.
- Evaporating temperatures +5 to -40 °C
- Refrigerants: all H(C)FC, brine, CO2
- Capacities (SC2): 4,5 up to 116.1 kW
- Air volume: 3,000 up to 60,000 m3/h
How it works
Alfa Laval finned coil air heat exchangers have been designed to achieve an optimized exchange of thermal energy between air and a refrigerant or fluid. The ‘heart’ of our air heat exchangers is the finned coil, built up from a circuit of interconnected tube serpentines and fins to increase the heat exchanging surface. Thanks to the combination of key design variables (coil materials, coil geometry, casing design, fan type), air units are very versatile heat exchangers with a great variety of applications in many industries. Alfa Laval supplies finned coil air heat exchanger products for a wide variety of applications.
Air coolers & air-cooled condensers
Air coolers and air-cooled condensers are key components in air cooling and airconditioning systems. On the refrigerant side the most common media are a brine or an evaporating refrigerant like H(C)FC, ammonia or CO2. A chilled brine may be supplied from a chiller that is potentially located far away, but a liquified refrigerant must come from a nearby condensing unit. When an evaporating refrigerant is used, the cooling coil is the evaporator in the vapour-compression refrigeration cycle (‘direct expansion’ or ‘DX’ system).