Commercial unit coolers with a copper/aluminium coil block. Suitable for cooling and freezing applications in small to medium cold rooms. All models designed for easy maintenance with immediate access to inspection areas. This series is available as DX evaporator and brine unit cooler. A selection of models is available from stock.
- Finned coil
- H(C)FC Inner grooved Cu tubing ø 12 mm, triangular tube pitch
- Brine Smooth Cu tubing ø 12 mm, triangular tube pitch
- Corrugated Alu-fins
- Fin spacings 4, 5.5, 6, 7, 8, 10 and 11 mm.
- 1 to 4 AC fans, ø 250 mm up to ø 500 mm, drawing trough the coil. Fan motors 230V/50-60Hz/1ph or 400V/50-60Hz/3ph in two noise levels (H/L). Motors with dynamically and statically balanced external rotors, manufactured in accordance with VDE 0530/12.84.
- Corrosion resistant materials: coil frame AluZinc, casing strong and durable sheet metal, powder coated RAL 9002.
- Hinged drip tray and side covers for easy installation and maintenance.
- Sufficient space for mounting of expansion valve inside casing.
- Mounting brackets allow flush ceiling mounting.
- Fitted with schräder valve on the suction connection for testing purposes.
- Pumped system available on request.
- Stickers indicate fan direction and refrigerant in/out.
- Delivery in mounting position. Coolers are mounted on wooden beams. Installation can take place with use of a forklift.
For a full overview of all available options and additional technical specifications please refer to the product leaflet.
- Refrigerants: all H(C)FC, brine
- Capacities (SC2) 1.5 up to 60 kW
- Air volume 1,527 up to 30,350 m3/h
This product is only available on the Asian market.
These air heat exchanger products can be configured and selected using the AlfaSelect Air selection tool.
Alfa Laval Anytime
Our ebusiness tool Alfa Laval Anytime offers product information, on-line product selection and a webshop function for air products and spare parts. Distributors and partners are invited to contact Alfa Laval and register as an Anytime user.
Go to Alfa Laval Anytime
Cold Room Calculator
Mobile app for iOS & Android to calculate the expected heat load for your cold room.
Cold Room Calculator
How it works
Alfa Laval finned coil air heat exchangers have been designed to achieve an optimized exchange of thermal energy between air and a refrigerant or fluid. The ‘heart’ of our air heat exchangers is the finned coil, built up from a circuit of interconnected tube serpentines and fins to increase the heat exchanging surface. Thanks to the combination of key design variables (coil materials, coil geometry, casing design, fan type), air units are very versatile heat exchangers with a great variety of applications in many industries. Alfa Laval supplies finned coil air heat exchanger products for a wide variety of applications.
Air coolers & air-cooled condensers
Air coolers and air-cooled condensers are key components in air cooling and airconditioning systems. On the refrigerant side the most common media are a brine or an evaporating refrigerant like H(C)FC, ammonia or CO2. A chilled brine may be supplied from a chiller that is potentially located far away, but a liquified refrigerant must come from a nearby condensing unit. When an evaporating refrigerant is used, the cooling coil is the evaporator in the vapour-compression refrigeration cycle (‘direct expansion’ or ‘DX’ system).