Customized air cooled radiators Fincoil FBL have been designed for heavy industrial cooling applications for cooling of various process liquids, even in the most extreme conditions. Dual coil models are available for simultaneous cooling of LT/HT engine circuits. Applications include: diesel and gas engine cooling, turbine cooling, oil cooling and various processes (transformers, air compressors, etc.). A dedicated FBLM auxiliary liquid coolers subrange is available with ASME design.
- FBLG* ranges
- FBLGS = standard unit width (2.6 m)
- FBLGC = container unit width (2.3 m)
- FBLGE = custom coil width
- FBLGA = special coil configuration
- FBLGY = stainless steel tubing
- FBLGM = ASME design (dedicated product leaflet available)
- FBLM* ranges
- FBLMS = standard unit width (2.6 m)
- FBLMC = container unit width (2.3 m)
- Finned coil
- Copper or stainless steel tubes (FBLGY)
- Corrugated Al-fins 0.18 mm, no turbulators
- Fin spacing 2.3 to 4 mm
- Direct driven axial fans, suitable for use with frequency converters. When designing a frequency converter system, the general guidelines for allowed cable lengths, sinus filters, dU/dT filters etc. have to be considered.
- Fan motors available for various power supplies. The motors are squirrel-cage motors for outdoor use built to IEC standards and provided with condensing water outlets and shaft seals together with H-class insulation. Protection class for motors is IP55, except for the condensing water outlets. The motors are prewired to lockable service switches.
- Fan diameters 1.2 or 1.8 meter.
- All casing parts are hot dip galvanized steel or pre-coated galvanized sheet steel.
- Specifically designed for multiple installations with several radiators installed side by side.
- Fitted with header tube protection panels.
- Manual venting and draining valves.
- Partitions between fans for regulation of the cooler capacity by means of separate use of the fans.
- Transportation either in wooden seaworthy packing or standard 40'/45’ container. Also suitable for truck transportation.
For a full overview of all available options and additional technical specifications please refer to the product leaflets for FBLG & FBLM.
- All liquids that do not corrode copper
- Capacities: customer specification
This product will be configured on order to meet all customer and application requirements. Please contact Alfa Laval for support.
How it works
Alfa Laval finned coil air heat exchangers have been designed to achieve an optimized exchange of thermal energy between air and a refrigerant or fluid. The ‘heart’ of our air heat exchangers is the finned coil, built up from a circuit of interconnected tube serpentines and fins to increase the heat exchanging surface. Thanks to the combination of key design variables (coil materials, coil geometry, casing design, fan type), air units are very versatile heat exchangers with a great variety of applications in many industries. Alfa Laval supplies finned coil air heat exchanger products for a wide variety of applications.
Air-cooled liquid coolers (radiators/dry coolers)
Air heat exchangers may be used to cool various process liquids. For this application hot process liquid flows through the tubes. This liquid is cooled by the relatively cold ambient air that is forced through the coil.
Air heat exchangers for process liquid cooling are referred to as 'radiators'. Air-cooled liquid coolers for HVAC applications and total energy systems are referred to as 'dry coolers'.