Sales Engineer - Thermal and Mechanical Expert
· Works closely with Regional Sales Managers responding to quote requests, determining pricing structure, entering order information and consulting on technical issues.
Expectations & Responsibilities:
· Meets with customers with a Channel Partner or team member to assess their needs and develop a solution using Alfa Laval technology. Determines the appropriate heat exchanger and develops the design.
· Enters and/or expedites an order for a project or piece of equipment. May communicate status of order to customer.
· Drive the sales process directly or with a Channel Partner through coordinating the quote, negotiations, determining terms and conditions and closing of the order.
· Trains channel partners and new customers on AL products, processes and procedures.
· 10-20% domestic travel
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities of the Successful Candidate:
· BS, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
· Experience in a sales engineer position and commercial mindset required.
· Minimum 10 years’ experience and knowledge of heat transfer and Alfa Laval products preferred. Strong preference for experience with welded plate heat exchangers.
· Strong customer service orientation by being concerned with providing a prompt, efficient and personalized service to customers.
· Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment and a desire to continuously strive for a goal even in the face of adversity. Able to cope with disappointments and setbacks.
· Knowledgeable about financial and business matters; focuses on costs, profits, markets, new business opportunities and activities which will bring the largest return.
· Strong verbal communication which is clear and to the point and which holds the audience’s attention. Must be able to produce written communications which are clear, concise and readily understood.
· Proactive and self starting.