Field Service Technician
To provide 24/7 on call field service labor, for commissioning, trouble shooting and training at customer locations on mechanical, electrical, and electronic components, of belt filter presses and gravity belt thickeners and control panels to ensure reliable operation, optimum performance and efficiency.
This includes performing preventive maintenance, emergency and warranty repairs, commissioning of new equipment, system audits and process troubleshooting. Also includes managing travel costs and operating expenses associated with field service visits to ensure Alfa Laval is an efficient field service provider.
To be considered, candidates must have a solid electrical background, PLC knowledge and the ability to troubleshoot control panels and perform hands on mechanical work/repairs for belt filter presses and gravity belt thickeners in waste water applications.
- Trouble shoots and repairs mechanical and electrical equipment/control panels on belt filter presses, gravity belt thickeners and other products in the company selection.
- Ability to read electrical schematics, PLC Ladder Logic, troubleshoot industrial electrical components.
- Experience with Rockwell Automation HMI Software (e.g., RSLogix 500, Factory Talk View, etc.) Also, GE Fanuc 90-30 and Siemens Software.
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, some knowledge at times of electrical codes, properties of materials, and principles of operating and application of equipment. Familiar with standard concepts practices and procedures within key particular industrial fields.
- Installs, startup and shut down equipment in accordance to company and customer safety procedure in line with OSHA requirements.
- Performs trial test runs when work is completed to insure performance rates/test and quality meet established specifications.
- Documents equipment serviced and parts used which supports the invoicing process to our customers
- Advises operators and customer line mechanics/maintained personnel of operating procedures for working safely around our equipment.
- Informs appropriate management both customer and Alfa Laval of potential electrical /mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Performs preventive maintained service calls on customer equipment.
- Assists customer maintenance personnel with technical and procedural troubleshooting techniques.
- Assists and trains customer maintained and supervisory personnel on how to operate our equipment and perform maintenance tasks.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION DESIRED
Minimum Associates Degree (AS) with mechanical or electrical focus or technical / vocational training in mechanical or electrical with mechanical and electrical aptitude. Or Military training with a mechanical or electrical focus.
Experience in lieu of education:
Minimum of two years Military experience with mechanical or electrical focus or demonstrated work related mechanical and or electrical proficiency
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Ability to lift heavy items and perform tasks requiring physical strength (climbing, standing, equipment use).
- Ability to work under temperature demands of heat and cold as well as under hazardous conditions relating to work location, work surfaces and exposure.
- 80% to 90% travel
- Must have valid drivers license
- Ability to manage expenses & costs effectively
- Ability and willingness to travel by air
- Must have passport
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally