Teammanager QC & Internal Logistics
Alfa Laval Nijmegen BV develops, sells and produces installations for the maritime industry. Installation and maintenance of these systems on board is coordinated from Nijmegen. (check our website www.alfalaval.com). In Nijmegen we are responsible for Inert Gas Systems and Exhaust Gas Cleaning Systems. Our customers are ship owners and yards and are located worldwide. To realize our ambition, we are looking for a Team Manager Quality Control & Internal Logistics.
To ensure an effective, timely and accurate execution of the processes related to the internal flow of goods. Ensure that the delivered products and services are fit for purpose, consistent and meet both external and internal requirements.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for the departments Warehouse, Value Added Logistics, Quality Control and Testing (13-15 employees, 6-7 direct reports).
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations, by planning, monitoring and appraising job results, and by developing, coordinating and implementing systems, policies and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting and training employees and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Keep in touch with other departments to gather relevant information, identifying and evaluating trends and options and implement changes where needed and feasible.
- Develop, implement, communicate and maintain a plan to optimize the internal flow of goods (i.e. from goods receipt up to goods delivery to an external forwarder).
- Manage and maintain the company’s quality inspection and product release programs for incoming and in-process materials and components, processes and finished goods.
- Make sure that quality control plans for customers and (external) supplies are available
- Assess the product specifications of the company and its suppliers, and compare with customer requirements.
- You have a Bachelor Degree (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering).
- You have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a technical environment; preferable in functions as Process Engineer or Quality Control Engineer.
- You demonstrate very good English written and oral communication skills.
- You can motivate others
- You are flexible
- You are innovative
- You are initiative
Please send your application letter, with CV attached, to email@example.com attn. Rachid L’Bouny.