Electrical Engineer, Engineering and Supply
We are recruiting for an Electrical Engineer to join our Engineering and Supply team based in Newcastle-under-Lyme.
We are an Engineering and Supply unit of Alfa Laval and have two locations in the UK, Camberley and Newcastle-under-Lyme, we predominantly deliver AL core equipment from the Business Unit Decanter portfolio into the waste water treatment industry and also support projects globally.
About the Role
The Electrical Engineer will form part of an established team and will be responsible for electrical/automation content ensuring projects are delivered on time and to specification.
You will be required to travel to various locations in the UK, including site/customer/supplier visits, meetings and inspections as the projects require. Some overnight stays will be necessary.
The key elements of this role include;
- Handling several electrical hard/software projects at the same time in accordance with time schedule and budget established by the main Project Manager.
- Support project managers and lead the electrical content of the entire project
- Participate in proposal and sales work. Making sure bids are compliant with standard specifications and incorporation of customer requirements.
- Preparation of project specific control philosophy and following through to sub contract functional specifications to ensure compliance with customer requirement
- Manage workshop and site installation activities
- Lead the electrical documentation package and ensure cross referencing to P&ID and instrument schedules.
- Carry out and lead factory acceptance testing / attend sub contractor FAT’s
- Development and implementation of standards and work processes in the organization.
- Sound understanding of software architecture and start up / commissioning processes
- Generate equipment / motor schedules and support the technical documentation generation (O&M)
- Manage panel buying specifications and procurement activities relevant to the electrical content of the project.
- Review and management of electrical sub-contractor submittals and project activities.
- Provide project related information & guidance to Alfa Laval and its customers, both external and internal, including their representatives, contractors and service/commissioning engineers
Successful candidates will have a sound understanding of electrical engineering principles, backed up by an Electrical Engineering Degree. Knowledge of WIMES Specifications and Design Requirements, with an understanding of ATEX / CompEx are required. Experience complying with the requirements of relevant BS-EN Electrical / Equipment / Control System Standards and European Directives also being required. Experience in Waste Water Treatment, particularly Dewatering/Thickening process would also be beneficial.
You will have relevant and proven experience of electrical equipment design, control and installation in an Industrial Environment. Experience of project work is also required, alongside an innovative mind-set and proven experience of implementing new ideas and products.
Detail oriented and with a structured approach you have the ability to remain calm and maintain a stable performance under pressure.
You will be customer orientated with the ability to effectively communicate with team members and customers from a variety of disciplines and be eager to share experience and knowledge.
 Portfolio link http://www.alfalaval.co.uk/industries/water-waste-treatment/municipal-wastewater-treatment/ - click related products, show more x2.