This position works in the fabrication of ASME certified heat exchangers made from carbon steel, stainless steel & various alloys. The Welder, using blueprints and other documents, will lay out, fit and weld fabricated, cast and forged components to various parts of the pressure vessel using a variety of weld processes in a number of positions. All work is at a minimum ASME certified and stamped.
Expectations & Responsibilities:
- Fit and weld ASME Code and structural work.
- Selects equipment, plans layout, assembly, fit-up, and welds in accordance with SOP’s, Standard Specs and identified WPS’s.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, fits components together and performs welding operations in accordance with Weld Maps, drawings or other customer requirements.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts, using GTAW, GMAW, and FCAW welding processes per WPS or other applicable standards.
- Is responsible to perform quality checks and continuously inspect their materials and production to ensure product is in conformance. Identifies and communicates any non-conforming products per SOP or applicable process.
- Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts in accordance with Weld Maps or other customer requirements.
- Performs Liquid Penetrant and other non-destructive testing as required.
- Accurately records data on quality documentation, components and product per company standards and/or customer requirements
- Participates in the team’s continuous improvement and development in accordance with the Alfa Laval Production System (ALPS). Examples include 5S, Problem resolution process (PRP), and Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM).
- Using the SOP Matrix, will cross train to support any and all department or factory demands, as required.
- Will continuously maintain their equipment and keep their area clean and tidy (5S).
- Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items, manually or using lifts.
- Observes all company policies.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities of the Successful Candidate:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Associate degree in Welding Technology preferred.
- Manual welding certification from a technical school a plus. Applicant will have a minimum of 5 years of ASME & pipe fitting experience working with carbon and stainless steel materials in fabrication of pressure vessels.
- Qualified applicants will have a minimum of 10 years of demonstrable welding experience with GTAW, GMAW, and FCAW processes.
- Titanium pressure welding experience is a definite plus
Very comfortable with and able to read and interpret blueprints, bill of materials, filler metal specifications, welding symbols, WPS and PQR’s.
- CWI desired
- Able to qualify and weld on all processes in 6G position.
- Basic computer skills
- Able to lift up to 60 pounds - occasional heavy lifting may be required.