We are recruiting for a Shipping Administrator to join our Service Division at our UK Head Office in Camberley. This is a part time role, working 10am – 4pm Monday to Friday.
About the job
As Shipping Administrator you will be responsible for preparing all shipping and invoicing documentation ensuring that all customers orders are delivered on time and in full, delivering excellent service levels to both internal and external customers.
The key elements of this role include;
- Arranging shipping of spares / repairs / second hand equipment and loan goods whole goods in accordance with import / export controls to meet customer delivery times
- Communicating with carriers and consolidating shipments if appropriate
- Coordinating the shipment collections
- Arranging courier shipments for UK and export
- Following up on proof of deliveries, proof of exports and import entries
- Tracking of goods en route to their destination ensuring any problems that may arise are resolved so as to avoid delays
- Creating shipping invoices
- Raising necessary export documentation as required
- Arranging clearance of imports, dealing with freight forwarders / customs etc
- General administrative work to run a smooth efficient department
- Completing documentation for submission of letter of credit if and when required
- Maintaining shipping records and keeping files up to date to meet custom and excise and import/export compliance regulations
- Supporting other members of the shipping team as required for absence cover
Successful candidates will have experience of working in a similar shipping role with knowledge of import and export processes and procedures. You will need to understand “Inward processing” regulations with HMRC, whilst an understanding of new UCC2016 Customs regulations for Import and Export procedures would be highly advantageous.
You will have strong organisational skills as well as a solid administrative background, alongside a high level of PC literacy, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
You will be able to work with colleagues across all levels but also independently as required, utilizing your excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You will enjoy working under pressure and to tight deadlines and have a flexible approach to your work, being able to re prioritise regularly to meet the needs of the business and the department.
The hours of work for this role are 10am – 4pm Monday to Friday (30 hours per week).
Click the link to apply attaching a copy of your CV along with a cover letter telling us why you are interested in this role and your salary expectations.