We are currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Fitter to join our successful Decanter Fitting team based in Camberley.
About the job
Our Repairs workshop in Camberley offers customers a full maintenance and repair service for their equipment. As a Mechanical Fitter you will be working on the disassembly and re-assembly of a variety of large rotating mechanical equipment.
The key elements of this role include;
- Stripping a variety of Decanters in preparation for inspection
- Cleaning of equipment in order to service/repair, including jet washing and chemical cleaning
- Dismantling and reassembling of gearboxes
- Rebuilding equipment following guidelines
- Use of technical drawings to assist in disassembly and re-assembly
- Using a variety of standard hand tools
- Using a variety of special tools
- Handling medium to heavy duty equipment
- Operating overhead cranes and lifting equipment
- Understanding of Health and Safety and correct PPE
Successful applicants will be experienced mechanical fitters who have completed an appropriate apprenticeship.
You will need experience of working with a variety of hand tools in the disassembly and re-assembly of mechanical equipment, along with the ability to interpret drawings and follow technical manuals.
Although not essential, experience of working with large rotating equipment would be advantageous.
Experience of using cranes, slings and stacker trucks would also be beneficial, although full training will be provided.
You will have a good attitude and acceptance of PPE and H&S requirements. Timekeeping, teamwork and a respect for deadlines are also key to being successful in this role. Additionally, you will have a professional pride in your work and maintain high standards of order and cleanliness in your working environment.