Lead System Development Engineer
Alfa Laval Nijmegen BV develops, sells and produces installations for the maritime industry. Installation and maintenance of these installations on board is coordinated from Nijmegen. (check our website www.alfalaval.com). It is a fast-growing business. To realize our ambition, we are looking temporary a Lead System Development Engineer (Senior System Engineer) for our department Product Development.
The purpose of this job is to design and engineer products and solutions for assigned projects with medium to high complexity, as well as to keep and develop process technology know-how on a high level.
Development and release of new systems and features:
- Designing and engineering products and solutions for assigned projects based on the applicable requirement specifications and standards & codes;
- Designing flowcharts and elaborating cost calculations;
- Specifying, dimensioning of components;
- Delivering and facilitating improvements of current technical solutions and/or developing new solutions to ensure our competitive advantage;
- Is the lead engineer for medium size/complex projects;
- Works in multi-disciplinary project teams;
- Participates in new business development, contributes to proposal and sales work;
- Occasionally assists in performance testing and troubleshooting for deliveries and new processes;
- Stays up to date with new technology, components and tools and is able to implement if necessary.
- Informs stakeholders (sales, engineering, purchasing, service) about progress and results;
- Is a liaison with all departments for implementation of new products and features;
- Is, in cooperation with purchasing, a liaison with suppliers for new components.
- Cooperates closely with all disciplines within System Development, System Optimization, Product Management, R&D, Engineering, Project Management, Sales, Purchasing and Service;
- Has contacts with customers regarding concept validation and field tests;
- Reports to team manager System Development.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Chemical Engineering (Master degree preferred);
- Minimum 10 years working experience, of which 5-10 years in defining and launching new products and systems;
- Experience and affinity with full scale testing;
- Combination of creativity and strong analytical and conceptual skills;
- Self-starter and team player;
- Takes initiative and decisions;
- Excellent communication skills in English, spoken and written.
Please send your application letter, with CV attached, to firstname.lastname@example.org attn. Rachid L’Bouny