Field Service Engineer
Alfa Laval Nijmegen BV develops, sells and produces installations for the maritime industry. Installation and maintenance of these systems on board is coordinated from Nijmegen. (check our website www.alfalaval.com). In Nijmegen we are responsible for Inert Gas Systems and Exhaust Gas Cleaning Systems. Our customers are ship owners and yards and are located worldwide. To realize our ambition, we are looking for further expansion of our Service and Support Department with a Field Service & Commissioning Engineer.
Service, maintenance and commissioning services at customers ships on board.
- Monitoring according to the specifications of the assembly of (parts of) products;
- Checking and testing the placed products through trail runs and measurements;
- Giving instructions and advices trough training to operating employees for using and
maintenance of the placed products.
Maintenance and repairs:
- Do (periodic) inspections at request of customer;
- Take care of overhauling, remodeling and repair activities to products. In some cases control local staff;
- Represent Alfa Laval as sales engineer every visit, and relate to existing products and/or services with the commissioning activities;
- Give instructions and advice to the operating staff on board about the use and maintenance of the products, by training courses.
Preparation and completion:
- Preparing work activities to be carried out on location as regards documentation, schedules, work drawings, tools, etc.;
- Making a report after every service visit, according to applicable rules and regulations, for the benefit of the own company, with modifications and proposals for the benefit of the customer;
- Taking care that reports will be reviewed with relevant stakeholders, after returning at the office.
- You have a MBO+ or Bachelor degree working-and competence level. (Electro with WTB knowledge or WTB with min. 3 years proven electrical knowledge and experience in an industrial environment);
- You have basic knowledge of PLC techniques, process-, measuring- and control technology;
- You have a good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Listening skills: pick up important information from oral communications, ask questions and respond to comments;
- Social skills: being without trouble among other people, easily getting off someone, aware of cultural differences;
- Accurate: work with care and attention;
- Creative and solution-oriented: notice problems, recognize important information, find possible causes of problems, search for relevant information and think of effective solutions;
- Customer-oriented: investigates the needs of the client and respond on these, give high priority to customer satisfaction;
- Independent and flexible: be able to adapt to changing conditions, tasks, responsibilities and/or people;
- Initiative: recognizes opportunities and difficulties and respond on them, rather pro-active than reticent.
Please send your application letter, with CV attached, to firstname.lastname@example.org attn. Rachid L’Bouny