Service Desk Employee
Alfa Laval Nijmegen BV develops, manufactures and sells equipment for the maritime industry. The installation and maintenance of these systems on board is also coordinated from Nijmegen. (See our website at www.alfalaval.com).
Provide optimal and timely 24H/7 Service and Support to customers (vessel owners, fleet managers, shipyards, crew on board vessels, Alfa Laval offices).
Field Service Activities
- Independently plans and organizes service including the arrangement with customers and/or agents as well as travel and lodging. Determines which level and competence of Field Service Engineer is required
- Briefs Service Engineers on job and project details.
- Debriefs with Service Engineers after the job, checks Service.
- Forwards copy of Service Report to relevant Sales Company
- Checks whether warranty claims are valid concerning orders executed by Alfa Laval
- Checks the needs or possibilities for modifications or retrofits related to the service job on hand
- Consults regional Alfa Laval Organization about availability of local Field Service Engineer
- Answers customer questions and provides suggestions to resolve malfunctions and breakdowns.
- Is focal point for both internal and external customers related to Alfa Laval matters
- Records technical problems, requests for information and service request according the relevant procedure
- Provides technical support to the Spares Department by indicating which components are required for specific (customer) requests or to resolve technical problems
- Programming of electronical components for spares orders
- Provides feedback from the field to the Engineering & Supply and QA departments
- Records claims in the relevant system for non- conformity reporting (NCR)
- Evaluates and follows up on actions which arise from the NCR-system to warrant the progress of quality improvement
- Provide after-office hour telephone and E-mail support on a periodical basis
- Performs any other job or assumes responsibility that is deemed to be important for the Service organization
- MBO+/HBO working-and competence level
- At least 3 years proven experience with electrical or electronical systems in industrial applications, preferably also FSE experience
- Good understanding of mechanical constructions and ability to understand mechanical drawings
- Basic knowledge of PLC, Mechanical, Process. Measurement and Control technologies
- Knowledge and experience with safety regulations
- Approximately 3-5 years of experience in a similar position
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
You can apply by sending an e-mail to email@example.com attended to Rachid L’Bouny.