Environmental, Health & Safety Engineer
Priority 1 in Alfa Laval is Safety. Alfa Laval’s presence in the US has grown substantially. This puts high demands on driving the Environmental, Health and Safety programs throughout Operations, US.
The role of the EHS Engineer will be to drive EHS projects and activities at our Richmond site and across other sites in US Operations. This position will ensure compliance with local and Federal regulations as well as with Global Alfa Laval standards. The EHS Engineer will develop and deliver EHS training programs across Operations, US.
Expectations & Responsibilities:
- Assist in making sure that all Operational activities are in compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations based on Local, State and Federal regulations.
- Assist in driving Corporate and local environmental and safety goals.
- Assist in the upkeep and certification of ISO processes
- Conduct general safety and environmental audits
- Project Manager for local projects
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities of the Successful Candidate:
Qualified candidates for this position should have a Bachelor in Safety, Engineering or equivalent and documented working experience for at least 3 years in environmental or safety engineering, preferably across multiple sites.
Technical and production knowledge is important as as well as customer orientation and strong networking skills. Ability to impact is required, with a strong integrity. Good communication skills required.