Engineering Development Manager
Alfa Laval Nijmegen BV develops, sells and produces installations for the maritime industry. Installation and maintenance of these systems on board is coordinated from Nijmegen. (check our website www.alfalaval.com). Within the Exhaust Gas Cleaning branch of the organization we are working on the development and marketing of installations for cleaning the exhaust gases from ships (desulphurization). It is a fast-growing business. Our customers are ship owners and yards and are located worldwide. To realize our ambition, we are looking for further expansion of our Engineering Team with an Engineering Development Manager.
Initiate and execute, together with Team Managers, Section Heads and other members of the Engineering Teams, projects for product and engineering process improvement, based on cost benefit analyses.
- Responsible for the management of all base design and product masterdata, including the engineering design tools, cost price tools, specifications, technical documentation and the applications used;
- Responsible for all change management, release and maintenance procedures regarding the base design, the engineering tools and product data;
- Responsible for the implementation of new products from the Product Centre within the Engineering & Supply Organization, including related procedures and working instructions;
- Manages technical and approval documentation process for E&S projects related to class and customer manuals;
- Initiate and execute projects for the improvement of the product design, the engineering process and working methods;
- Manages staff responsible for technical documentation, master data and other engineering support activities;
- Secure that the team is aware of and working according the shared values of the organization;
- Is part of the Management Team of Engineering.
- Maintain close contact with Product Center, Sales, Supply Chain, Service and all other parties involved
regarding the base design, product master data and changes of this data;
- Distribution and retention of the knowledge and know-how within the engineering organization, in order to support engineering activities.
- You have a Bachelor or Academic degree in Engineering, Chemical Technology or similar;
- You have minimum 5 years of relevant experience;
- You have proven experience in working in a multidimensional matrix organization;
- You have excellent communication skills in English, spoken and written;
- You are familiar with Design For Manufacturing and Assembly as well as Value Engineering methodologies in product design stages.
You can motivate others;
- You are flexible;
- You are innovative;
- You are initiative.
Please send your application letter, with CV attached, to email@example.com attn. Rachid L’Bouny