The Business Unit Thermal Fluid Systems in Breda, the Netherlands, covers basic engineering, sales and commissioning of thermal fluid heating systems for marine & offshore applications. Alfa Laval’s thermal fluid systems are supplied as complete, engineered systems including all necessary components such as burners, control panels, circulation pumps, valves, expansion tanks, dump coolers, tank cleaning heaters, heat exchangers, electric heaters, unfired steam boilers and spares. Customers around the world rely on our extensive expertise in heat transfer and thermal fluid technology, that has been accumulating over more than three decades.
As an Application Engineer you are responsible for providing technical support and documenting the right technical solution for a specific application based on a basic system design. You are preparing all order related technical documents and give your technical approval, which wil be the basis for further execution, recognizing the customer’s needs, defined technical standards, as well as the Class Requirements. You evaluate and approve significant technical functionality changes and act as the technical liaison between sales and purchasing for non-standard solutions. As a product specialist you support our sales managers, order managers, order execution and global after sales as well as our customers and end users. Alfa Laval’s thermal fluid heating systems are predominantly delivered to the shipbuilding industry. Your customers include shipyards and ship owners around the world.
- You have a bachelor degree in engineering (mechanical or process) or equivalent
- You have at least 3-5 years relevant experience
- You are interested in working with mechanical, instrumentation, control and process equipment
- You have good PC skills, including AutoCad and Microsoft Office
- You are a strong communicator and a team-player, who is pro-active, persuasive and self-confident
- You are able to work independently in a structured and accurate way
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, both spoken and in writing
- Knowledge of shipbuilding markets, companies, trends and applications is a plus
- You are based in the Netherlands
Working for a technology leader means working in a dynamic and challenging environment. We offer you an attractive work environment, personal and professional development opportunities, as well as a competitive and attractive remuneration package with excellent employment conditions.